Bhagavad Gita As Viewed by Swami Vivekananda
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 9788175053328|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 840; Length: 550; Weight: 39; Width: 40|
|Label||Vedanta Press & Bookshop|
|Manufacturer||Vedanta Press & Bookshop|
|Number Of Pages||160|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 73; Length: 843; Weight: 79; Width: 585|
|Product Type Name||ABIS_BOOK|
|Publisher||Vedanta Press & Bookshop|
|Studio||Vedanta Press & Bookshop|
|Title||Bhagavad Gita As Viewed by Swami Vivekananda|
A collection of the views of Swami Vivekananda on the Bhagavad Gita as collected from the nine volumes of the Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda, and compiled in this book.The comments are classified according to the chapters and verses of the Gita. The verses of the Gita are given in original Devanagri script along with the English translation. Swami Vivekananda s views on the Gita are scattered throughout. The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda published in nine volumes. The present book is a compilation of these views so that the reader is taken through some of the verses of the Gita along with the Swami s commentary, as it were.
Bhagavad Gita: Yatharoop
2 used from Rs. 150.00
- One of the most profound book that sums up the essence of all that Hindu philosophy stands for, the Bhagavad Gita, from the original Sanskrit version has been translated into several languages of the world.
- This Hindi version of the Bhagavad Gita has been translated by AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, a well known sanskrit scholar, spiritual leader and the founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).
- In a world confronted by materialistic strife, terrorism and conflicts, the sermon that Lord Krishna gives his favourite disciple Arjuna in the midst of Kurukshetra battlefield where two large armies are ready to battle has come to occupy a central theme about the inner and outer conflict that mankind has faced ever since he evolved into a thinking being.
- Considered as the crux of all vedantic thought, Krishna urging Arjuna to do his duty and not shy away for the battle he faces, simply because the opposing army consists of cousins, uncles, gurus and other close relatives, lays emphasis on the theory of karma where the question of birth, death and rebirth are also debated.
- For authenticity, the original sanskrit verses have also been included in this edition. Meaning of the sanskrit words has been rendered in as elaborate a form as possible to make it as close as possible to the original meanings of the language. The book also is illustrated with some paintings of select scenes picked out of Mahabharata, the epic of which the Bhagavad Gita is just one part. Published in both Hindi and English, the deluxe edition comes in hardcover and has 600 pages in it.
Bhagvada-gita is universally renowned as the jewel of India's spiritual wisdom. Spoken by Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, to His intimate devote Arjuna, the Gita's seven hundred concise verses provide a definitive guide to the science of self-realization. Indeed no work even compares in its revelations of man;s essential nature, his environment and ultimately, his relationship with God. His Divine Grace, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the world's foremost Vedic scholar ad teacher, represents and unbroken chain of fully self-realized spiritual masters beginning wit Lord Krsna Himself. Thus, unlike other editions of the Gita, his edition conveys Lord Krsna's profound message as it is - without the slightest taint of adulteration or personally motivated change.
Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji
1 used from Rs. 350.00
|Author||A P J Abdul Kalam; Arun Tiwari|
|Catalog Number List||Catalog Number List Element: XM-9351774058|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 9789351774051|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 846; Length: 551; Weight: 49; Width: 79|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Number Of Pages||256|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 110; Length: 860; Weight: 97; Width: 540|
|Product Type Name||ABIS_BOOK|
|Title||Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji|
Pramukh Swamiji, one of the most inspiring spiritual leaders of modern times and the fifth spiritual successor of Bhagwan Swaminarayan, is the inheritor of a legacy of enlightened gurus that goes back to the early nineteenth century. Pramukh Swamiji became, through a chance meeting, friend to one of India's most eminent citizens, the eleventh president of India, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, and together they created an unparalleled fellowship of science and spirituality. In Transcendence, Dr Kalam, with his co-author and pupil Arun Tiwari, maps a journey of self-realization reflected in the compassionate eyes of Pramukh Swamiji, painting a delightfully open-hearted portrait of the fusion of spirituality, science and leadership. His candid vignettes from life on the centre stage of Indian technology and societal missions, Indian politics and world affairs are interwoven with revelations of a profound connection with Swamiji. He describes how his path has been illuminated by Swamiji's...
Bhagavad Gita was Swami Vivekananda's lifelong companion. In 1888, Vivekananda began his journey as a wandering monk. Between 1888 to 1893, he travelled to many ...
Swami Vivekananda (Bengali: ... He was also interested in Hindu scriptures, including the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, the Ramayana, ...
Swami Vivekananda, born Narendra Nath Datta, was an Indian Hindu monk and chief disciple of the 19th-century saint Ramakrishna. He was a key figure in the ...
←Home / Complete-Works / Volume 4 / Lectures and Discourses / → THOUGHTS ON THE GITA. During his sojourn in Calcutta in 1897, Swami Vivekananda used to stay for ...
105 quotes from Lectures on Bhagavad Gita: ‘Do good because it is good to do good. Ask no more.’
Swami Sarvapriyananda-"BHAGVAD GITA FOR STUDENTS" at IIT Kanpur
http://www.iitk.ac.in/vs/talk_sarvapriyanandaji.php Vivekananda Samiti, IIT Kanpur was privileged to organize a 3 day Lecture Series on Vedanta by Swami Sarvapriyanandaji Maharaj, a great scholarly...
Bhagwad Geeta as viewed by Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda, The Gita I
http://www.audioenlightenment.com/ Swami Vivekananda (12 January 1863–4 July 1902), born Narendra Nath Datta, was an Indian Hindu monk. He was a key figure in the introduction of Indian...